Vets For Compassion Inc (VFC) is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information (as that term is defined in the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic)) and those who use our digital media (such as our website, apps, social media, e-news or interactives). We understand that people are concerned about their privacy and the confidentiality and security of any information that is provided.
● What information we collect and how
● How we use and disclose your personal information
● How to contact us if you have any privacy concerns.
Information collected by Vets For Compassion
For each visitor to our website or social media site or e-news, we may collect the following type of information for statistical purposes:
● Number of users who visit;
● Date and time of the visits;
● Pages accessed;
● User’s top-level domain name (for example .com or .gov);
● Previous site visited;
● Type of browser used;
● Type of device use user’s operating system (such as Windows or Macintosh); and/or mobile device (such as Apple iPhone)
● Google Analytics (or other 3rd party vendor) demographics and interest reporting (such as what country you are from, what language your computer is set to, age group, gender and interest area).
This is anonymous statistical data and no attempt will be made to identify users. We use this data to evaluate our website and to improve the content we display to you.
We also use technology called cookies when you visit our site. Cookies are pieces of information that a website can transfer to an individual’s computer hard drive for record-keeping. Your cookie may be sent at various times during your visit to our website and may be updated as you access our many different areas.
Online Advertising and Remarketing
We may use third party vendor remarketing tools to advertise trigger ads across the Internet. Remarketing tools may display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of the VFC website you have viewed by placing a cookie using technology from your internet browser).
THIS COOKIE DOES NOT IN ANYWAY IDENTIFY YOU OR GIVE US ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER. YOU CAN DISABLE THE COOKIE THROUGH SETTINGS IN YOUR CHOSEN BROWSER OR THROUGH YOUR FIREWALLS.
In addition to the information that we collect, we may ask you for personal information at other times, such as (but not limited to) when you:
● Make a purchase on our site or other ticketing sites for events.
● Participate in a fundraising campaign;
● Enter promotions or competitions;
● Respond to a survey;
● Participate in a discussion forum;
● Request information from us;
● Make a donation or join a sponsorship program;
● Apply to help us in a voluntary capacity (including work experience);
● Join an e-newsletter (including news, events and special offers).
If your personal information is not collected then we may not be able to provide you with the information or assistance sought from us.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
VFC will use your personal information for the purpose for which it was provided to us. VFC may also use your information:
● To keep you informed about fundraising programs and events
● For planning, research, marketing and product and service development purposes.
VFC may disclose your information to specialist service providers such as, but not limited to:
● Data analysis specialists;
● Statement producers;
● Data mail houses;
● Data processing organisations
Where such disclosures are made, VFC will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information through the use of confidentiality agreements and other contractual obligations.
Aggregated (or de-identified) data without personal details may be shared with approved business partners from time to time, for analysis and research purposes. It may also be used in the development of events and fundraisers.
In limited circumstances, we may publish names in our promotional materials, such as winners of competitions.
VFC will never sell or rent your details to third parties.
Information collected by external organisations
Storage of and access to personal information
In all cases where VFC retains your personal information for our purposes, we treat it the same way as we treat our other confidential information. Except as set out in this policy, we do not sell (or otherwise make available) the information to any other organisation, unless required to do so by law.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect about you and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you at any time. If the information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, you can ask us to modify our records.
You can make a request to access to, or modification of, the information we keep about you by writing to:
Secretary of VFC via email
If you would like to make a complaint to VFC regarding this policy or your personal information generally, please contact us at the address above.